The second of four levels of decodable books, providing the best start for children just starting to read.
At every stage the words are within the reach of children as they use their letter sound knowledge and tricky words already taught.
Tricky words are shown at the back of each book. Light type is used as a guide for those few letters that should not be sounded out, such as the /b/ in lamb.
In addition to the 42 letter sounds, Level 2 introduces /y/ used for the /ee/ sound at the end of words like funny.
- 3 series – Inky Mouse and Friends, General Fiction & Nonfiction
- 6 different books per series, all 18 titles in Complete Set
- 12 pages per book
- 20 Tricky Words per book
- 2 sentences per page (approx.)
- 0 alternative spellings per book
Titles included in this pack:
- Zacks Present
- Looking for Snake
There is also a CURSIVE edition.
- Level 2 General Fiction
- Level 2 Nonfiction
- Level 2 Complete Set (all 18 titles)