The third of four levels of decodable books, providing the best start for children just starting to read.
At every stage the words are within the reach of children as they use their letter sound knowledge and tricky words already taught.
Tricky words are shown at the back of each book. Light type is used as a guide for those few letters that should not be sounded out, such as the /b/ in lamb.
Introduces the magic e for spelling words with the long vowels, as in make, like, bone and tune.
Introduces some alternative spellings of the digraphs.
- 3 series – Inky Mouse and Friends, General Fiction & Nonfiction
- 6 different books per series, all 18 titles in Complete Set
- 16 Pages per book
- 40 Tricky Words per book
- 4 Sentences per page (approx)
- 5 Alternative spellings per book
Titles included in this pack:
- The 3 Billy Goats Gruff
- The Fox and the Stork
- The Outing
- The Little Merman
- The Cricket and the Ants
- Little Monsters
There is also a CURSIVE edition.
- Level 3 Inky & Friends
- Level 3 Nonfiction
- Level 3 Complete Set (all 18 titles)