The third of four levels of decodable books, providing the best start for children just starting to read.
At every stage the words are within the reach of children as they use their letter sound knowledge and tricky words already taught.
Tricky words are shown at the back of each book. Light type is used as a guide for those few letters that should not be sounded out, such as the /b/ in lamb.
Introduces the magic e for spelling words with the long vowels, as in make, like, bone and tune.
Introduces some alternative spellings of the digraphs.
- 3 series – Inky Mouse and Friends, General Fiction & Nonfiction
- 6 different books per series, all 18 titles in Complete Set
- 16 Pages per book
- 40 Tricky Words per book
- 4 Sentences per page (approx)
- 5 Alternative spellings per book
Titles included in this pack:
- The Tree That Blinked
- Whats in the Box?
- The Old Red Tractor
- The Model Boat
- Wait and See!
- The Bad-Tempered Goat
There is also a CURSIVE edition.
- Level 3 General Fiction
- Level 3 Nonfiction
- Level 3 Complete Set (all 18 titles)