The fourth of four levels of decodable books, providing the best start for children just starting to read.
At every stage the words are within the reach of children as they use their letter sound knowledge and tricky words already taught.
Tricky words are shown at the back of each book. Light type is used as a guide for those few letters that should not be sounded out, such as the /b/ in lamb.
The stories are much longer, and introduce more tricky words.
Covers all the Jolly Phonics alternative vowel spellings that are used to make words like day, seat, night, snow, few, girl, straw, boy and scowl.
- 3 series – Inky Mouse and Friends, General Fiction & Nonfiction
- 6 different books per series, all 18 titles in Complete Set
- 16 Pages per book
- 61 Tricky Words per book
- 4 Sentences per page (approx)
- 18 Alternative spellings per book
Titles included in this pack:
- The Enormous Turnip
- Many More Monsters
- The Pumpkin Party
- Town Mouse and Country Mouse
There is also a CURSIVE edition.
- Level 4 Inky & Friends
- Level 4 Nonfiction
- Level 4 Complete Set (all 18 titles)